Exercise #1: Java Applet, Painting Tool
The goal of this homework is to
gain experience in developing user interfaces in Java and Swing.
simple paint applet that enables users to paint pictures using the mouse.
User required features are:
- painting using a paintbrush tool (by click-and-drag on the painting
- erasing with an eraser tool (similar interaction to paintbrush, like
painting with background color).
- unlimited undo of paint or erase actions.
- controlling the color of the paint for the paintbrush.
- controlling the width of the paintbrush and eraser with a slider.
- clearing the canvas.
- show an "About" popup dialog box that displays your name.
Also, the applet main window containing the paint area must:
- be embedded in a web page, not a popup frame.
- resize to fill the browser when the browser window is resized.
- not lose the current painted picture when browser window is resized or
manipulated in any way.
Make a web page that contains the applet.