- Adam Binford, “A Bidirectional Pipeline for Semantic Interaction in Visual Analytics”, August 2016. https://vtechworks.lib.vt.edu/handle/10919/72981
- Xin Chen, “Be the Data: Embodied Visual Analytics”, August 2016. (Co-advised with Leanna House) https://vtechworks.lib.vt.edu/handle/10919/72287
- Peng Mi, “GPU Based Methods for Interactive Information Visualization of Big Data”, December 2015. (Co-advised with Yong Cao) https://vtechworks.lib.vt.edu/handle/10919/64473
- Andre Esakia, “Large Display Interaction via Multiple Acceleration Curves on a Touchpad”, December 2013.
- Kevin Logan, "SpatialHistory: Using Spatial Memory to Recall Information", Dec 2012.
- Ji Wang, “Clustered Layout Word Cloud for User Generated Online Reviews”, May 2012.
- Patrick Fiaux, “Solving Intelligence Analysis Problems using Biclusters”, Jan 2012.
- David Machaj, “Co-Located Many-Player Gaming on Large High-Resolution Displays”, May 2009.
- Sarah Peck, “A Multiscale Interaction Technique for Large, High-Resolution Displays”, May 2008.
- Mehmet Celal Dasiyici, “Multi-Scale Cursor : Optimizing Mouse Interaction for Large Personal Workspaces”, May 2008.
- Lauren Shupp, “The Effects of Curving Large, High-Resolution Displays on User Performance”, August 2006. [Outstanding Master’s Thesis Award by the VT Computer Science Department, May 2007] [nominated by Virginia Tech for the Conference of Southern Graduate Schools 2007 Innovative Application of Technology in a Master's Thesis Award.]
- Sujatha Krishnamoorthy, “Designing Interactive Visualizations for First-time Novice Users”, December 2005.
- Chris Catanzaro, “Vizability: Visualizing Usability Evaluation Data Based on the User Action Framework”, Spring 2005.
- Kiran Indukuri, “Fusion: A Visualization Framework for Interactive Rule Mining with Applications to Bioinformatics”, Fall 2004.
- John Costigan, “Applying Information Visualization Techniques to Visual Debugging”, Spring 2003.
- Varun Saini, “Visualization Schemas: A User Interface Extending Relational Data Schemas for Flexible, Multiple-View Visualization of Diverse Databases”, Spring 2003.
- Sanjini Jayaraman, “PolarEyez: A Radial Focus+Context Visualization for Multidimensional Functions”, Fall 2002.
- Nathan Conklin, “A web-based, run-time extensible architecture for interactive visualization and exploration of diverse data”, Fall 2002. [Received the “Outstanding Graduate Research” award from the Computer Science Department, 2002.]
Details available at: